Severe house fire in Glossop
Tuesday 27th June 2017 @ 09:39 by Adam Higgins
Glossop Chronicle News

Fire crews tackled a severe blaze at a house in Glossop last night.

Glossop Blue Watch and fire fighters from GMC Hyde attended the property on Ashton Street on Monday evening (June 26) just after 7pm.

No-one was injured in the fire and the most probable cause was a tumble dryer in a ground floor kitchen, crews said.

Fire fighters used two breathing apparatus, one hose reel jet and a Positive Pressure Ventilation (PPV) fan to extinguish the fire and were at the house for just over two hours.

The road was partially blocked at the junction with Charlestown Road whilst the fire was being dealt with.